Research Funding Opportunities

Students are not able to receive NRSC 3999/BIBB 399 or NRSC 4999/BIBB 499 credit if they are concurrently getting paid by the same laboratory, however students engaged in research projects are encouraged to apply for funding to cover research and/or costs to travel to scientific meetings.

Undergraduate Research Grants

The Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (CURF) maintains a list of undergraduate research grants on their website at Of particular interest to students engaged in BBB sponsored research projects is the Vagelos Undergraduate Research Fund (

Travel Grant Fund

The College has established an undergraduate travel grant fund to assist students in traveling to scientific meetings at which they intend to present their research. More details can be found on the College website at

Summer Internships

Students may apply to a variety of programs which support undergraduate summer research. Lists of current opportunities can be found at